Delegating a Mailbox or a Folder
Applies to: User Mailbox, Journal Mailbox, Office 365 Mailbox
Administrators can delegate a mailbox or a folder to users, user groups, or email addresses.
Before You Begin
The administrator must have the share capability on the Exchange virtual machine where the Exchange mailbox is configured.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Office 365.
The Office 365 apps page appears.
- In the App name column, click the app that contains the mailbox or the folder that you want to delegate.
The app page appears.
- On the Mailboxes tab, in the row for the mailbox that you want to delegate, click the Action button , and then click Manage > Delegate.
The Delegate dialog box appears.
- For Delegate folder, specify whether to delegate the entire mailbox or only some folders.
- To delegate the entire mailbox, select the Entire mailbox check box.
- To delegate only some folders, clear the Entire mailbox checkbox, and then select the folders to delegate.
- For Delegate to, enter the users or user groups to delegate the mailbox or folders to, and then click Add.
- Click Submit.
- Administrators can check the mailbox delegate history and all the available delegate operations for that mailbox by selecting the mailbox, and then clicking the Action button .
- Under the Delegated Mail section, the users to whom the mailbox or folder is delegated can see the mailbox or the folder, and information such as Display Name. The users cannot delegate or delete these folders or mailboxes. They can only preview, view, download, reply to, or forward the emails.
Last modified: 8/19/2020 12:18:15 PM