Adding a Database Server for Sybase
You can add a new database server so that you can protect databases.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- Click Add server, and then select the database type.
The Add Sybase server dialog box appears.
- For OS Type, click Windows or Unix and Linux.
- In the Database server name box, type the server name.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type the credentials that you use to connect to the server.
- From the Plan list, select the plan that you want to use for the database server.
The plan determines how often the software performs backup operations.
- To grant write access to a UNIX group, such as the dba group, in the UNIX group box, type the name of the group that will have write permissions.
- Click Save.
- Installs the appropriate Commvault software packages on the server.
- Discovers the database instances, and adds them to the Commvault software.
- Creates the appropriate subclients for the instance.
Last modified: 10/16/2020 9:17:26 AM