Restoring Guest Files and Folders for GCP
You can restore files and folders from a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) instance to a specified destination (VSA proxy). You can restore guest files and folders from a streaming backup only.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click the hypervisor.
The hypervisor page appears.
- In the VM groups area, in the row for the VM group, click the action button , and then click Restore.
The Select restore type page appears.
- To restore from a specific copy of backup data, in the upper-right corner of the page, from the Select source list, select the copy.
If you select Automatic (default), the restore operation searches for the requested data in the primary copy, and automatically selects a different copy if the data is not found in the primary copy.
- Select Guest files.
The Restore page appears.
- Select the content to restore, and then click Restore.
The Restore to dialog box appears.
- Specify the destination for recovered files.
By default, files are restored to the proxy that performed the backup.
- To restore in place, leave the value in the Destination list.
- To restore to a different proxy, do the following:
- From the Destination list, select the proxy to restore the data to.
- To use the Impersonate user option, type the host name and credentials for the new destination.
By default, the Local System account on the destination client is used to perform the restore operation. You can use the Impersonate user option to provide credentials for another user account.
The user must have permissions to create files in the specified location on the destination.
- In the Path box, enter the path to restore the data to.
- To delete existing files and replace them with restored files, move the Overwrite if it already exists toggle key to the right.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 9/10/2020 10:03:49 PM