Configuring a Port-Forwarding Gateway Through Multiple Web Console Computers
You can configure a port forwarding gateway through multiple Web Console computers. For each Web Console computer that you want to configure, you can use the CommServe Port Forwarding Gateway Configuration workflow to insert the same source/destination firewall client groups and destination ports for all clients that require port forwarding gateways, for a chosen or customized port forwarding gateway configuration.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the Web Console is installed and configured.
- Configure the Commvault network route between the Web Console and the Web Server client. This scenario (the Web Server opens the connection to the Web Console) requires that Commvault network settings are configured. For more information, see Setting Up a One-Way Direct Connection (Server to Client) Using a Predefined Network Topology.
- Download the CommServe Port Forwarding Gateway Configuration workflow from the Commvault Store. For more information, see Download Workflows from Commvault Store.
- Run the CommServe Port Forwarding Gateway Configuration workflow.
The CommServe Port Forwarding Gateway Configuration Workflow Options dialog box appears.
- Click the Insert port forwarding configuration option button, and then click OK.
The Select CS/Remote Webserver as Destination Client dialog box appears.
- From the Select Client list, select the Web Server (or select the CommServe server if you are using the CommServe server as a Web Server), and then click Next.
The Select configuration for each client dialog box appears.
- Click the check box for a port forwarding gateway configuration, and then enter the clients to use for the configuration, each separated by a semi-colon (;).
Repeat this step for additional port forwarding gateway configurations.
- Click the Select and assign common configuration to all clients check box.
- Click the Next button.
The Select and assign common configuration dialog box appears.
- Optional: From the Select firewall source client group list, select the source client group.
- Optional: From the Select firewall destination client group list, select the destination client group.
- In the Provide source port box, enter the port that will be common to all clients that you entered for the first configuration selected in Step 4, above.
- Click the Submit button.
- If you selected two or more configurations in Step 4, above, additional Select and assign common configuration dialog boxes will appear. Repeat Step 7 through Step 10, above, for each additional configuration.
- Restart Commvault Tomcat services on the Web Console computer.
Last modified: 7/30/2020 7:00:45 PM