Recovering From a Stuck Failback
The failover progress does not report any new activity in the Process Manager and both the production and standby CommServe hosts are down and inaccessible.
- From the active node, navigate to the following folder:
ContentStore2 corresponds to the installation folder associated with the SQL client or Instance002. If you have installed the SQL client in a different instance, navigate to the corresponding folder.
- Run the following command:
GxAdmin.exe -console -failover -resetconfig <active_node_name>
- Check the contents of CommServeLiveSyncMonitoring.log and look for the following information:
ResetConfigFile() - #######Received a request to reset configuration file #######
ResetConfigFile() - Successfully reset config file for node <Active_node_name>.
- Increase the synchronization frequency to ensure that the live sync operation does not start during the failback operation. For more information on increasing the synchronization frequency, see Modifying the Synchronization Frequency.
- Perform a test failover. For more information on performing a test failover, see Performing Test Failovers.
- Reset the test failover. For more information on resetting the test failover, see Resetting Test Failovers.
- Reset the synchronization frequency to its original value. For more information on resetting the synchronization frequency, see Modifying the Synchronization Frequency.
Last modified: 9/21/2020 6:33:15 PM