System Requirements: Live Mount for Hyper-V
The following requirements are for the Live Mount feature for Microsoft Hyper-V.
- You can use Live Mount in the following environments:
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
- Hyper-V Server 2016
- Hyper-V Server 2019
- You can use Live Mount with virtual machines that are configured with VHDX disks.
- Consider the space that is required for live mount operations. The live mount feature uses a 3DFS cache on the MediaAgent that performs the live mount. For each live mount job, the 3DFS cache requires at least as much free space as the larger of the following values:
- 20 GB
- 15% of the total VM size (the sum of the sizes of all VM disks) + the expected writes to disks during the live mount + the space required for an OS boot
- You must install the MediaAgent package on the Hyper-V host virtual machine.
Last modified: 9/1/2020 8:53:30 PM