Configuring Tiered Metrics Reporting on the CommCell Console
You can configure child CommServe computers to forward Metrics reporting data to a parent Metrics Reporting Server. This configuration results in a tiered reporting structure for environments with multiple CommServe computers.
Before You Begin
- Verify that you have a Worldwide Metrics Reporting Server installed on a separate computer. If you do not have a Worldwide Metrics Reporting Server, then install a Metrics Reporting Server on a separate computer from the Local Metrics Reporting Server. For instructions, see Getting Started with Metrics Reports.
- All Metrics Reporting Servers that are part of the tiered architecture must be installed with the same Version and Service Pack.
- If you want to mask, or hide, file paths from report data, before sending data to the Worldwide Metrics Reporting Server, configure masking on each CommServe computer that sends data to the Local Metrics Reporting Serve. For instructions on masking file paths in each CommServe computer, see Masking File Paths in a CommServe Computer.
- On the CommServe computer that hosts the Local Metrics Reporting Server, log on to the CommCell Console.
- On the CommCell Console ribbon, select the Home tab, and then click the Control Panel button.
- Click Private Metrics Reporting.
The Private Metrics Reporting dialog box appears.
- On the Forwarding tab, select Forward.
- To send report data to multiple Private Metrics Reporting Servers, select Additional URLs to upload Metrics Reporting information, and then in the box, type an upload URL on each line.
Upload URLs must start with http:// or https:// and end with a forward slash (/).
You can find upload URLs in the CommCell Console on the Private Metrics Reporting Server in Control Panel > Metrics Reporting > General > Upload URL.
- Click OK.
Changes to forwarding settings and additional upload URLs take effect within an hour, and then after the next data collection, forwarded data appears in reports on the worldwide metrics reporting server.
Last modified: 10/6/2020 1:15:43 PM