Providing Service Accounts Access to Mailboxes Exchange Online
You must configure the Exchange Online service account to discover, archive, clean up, and restore data for user mailboxes, group mailboxes, and all public folders.
Before You Begin
- Exchange Online service account, must meet the following requirements:
- MFA must be disabled.
- Security defaults is a tenant-level option that is not supported.
- Local system account (Windows user), which is required when more than one access node is used, must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a member of the local administrator group.
- Must be a domain user.
- Must have full read and write permissions to the shared job result directory.
- Log on to the Azure portal using your global administrator account.
- Go to Azure Active Directory and create a user and disable MFA for the user. For more information, see Add or delete users using Azure Active Directory. The user must have full read and write permissions on the shared job result directory.
- Go to Office 365 Exchange Admin Center, create a custom role with the View-Only Recipients permission, and then add the user to this role.
Last modified: 3/15/2021 3:37:07 PM