Connecting the Nodes to an Existing CommServe Server
The nodes can be setup with only the MediaAgent software and these MediaAgents can be attached to an existing CommServe. Typically this would be done when you setup the nodes as MediaAgents in an existing CommCell.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the existing CommServe is in Feature Release 20 (or later). For more information on viewing the software version, see Version and Service Pack Report.
- If the CommServe is located behind a firewall, you must perform additional steps to connect to the CommServe. For more information, see Connecting To a CommServe Behind a Firewall During Setup.
- Setup the nodes as described in one of the following pages:
- Setting Up the Nodes With Active-Backup Bonding (Redundant Networking)
- Setting Up the Nodes with Basic Networking
After providing the network information, the CommServe Information page will be displayed.
- In the CommServe hostname (FQDN) box, enter the name (FQDN) of the existing CommServe computer.
- In the Username and Password boxes, enter the credentials that must be used to access the CommServe server.
- Click Save.
The software will start the installation process.
The MediaAgent software will be installed in the nodes . This process may take some time (approximately 45 minutes) to complete.
You can monitor the progress using the progress bar.
Caution: Do not reboot or stop the installation during this process.
- The completion message will be displayed.
What to Do Next
Click the Command Center link in the completion message to launch the Command Center and complete the setup as described in Connecting To an Existing CommServe.
Last modified: 11/2/2020 3:57:07 PM