Converting Storage Policies to Laptop Backup Plans
You can convert the storage policies that are created in the CommCell Console to the laptop backup plans that you can access and manage from the Command Center.
You can select one or multiple subclient policies associated with the same storage policy, and different policy types. After the conversion, the users, the user groups, and the client computers associated with the subclient policies will be associated with the plan. You can configure alerts to send notifications when backup jobs have fallen behind or when restore jobs fail. You can configure the quota to limit the amount of data that can be backed up.
- Import the Policy to Plan Migration application from the Commvault Store using the cvstoreapp package.
For instructions, see Importing an App.
- Run the Policy to Plan Migration application.
For instructions, see Running an App.
- Click Laptop Plan.
The Laptop Plan box expands.
- Click the link in the Click here to proceed text.
The Plan Conversion - Status window appears.
- Under Step 1, click the link in the Click here to proceed text.
The Merge to Plan window appears.
- Select one or more subclient policies associated to the same storage policy, and then click Next.
The Select schedule policy window appears.
- Select a schedule policy, and then click Next.
- In the User group quota (GB), specify the amount of data that can be backed up, and then click Apply.
- In the Select plan alerts, the system-created alerts applicable for the plan are selected. You can select or clear the alerts, and then click Apply.
- In EdgeDrive client, select the client computer, and then click Finalize.
An API is created based on the options you have set. You can save the API locally or save the API and execute. Otherwise, you can execute the API to merge the policies to a new plan.
Last modified: 4/15/2021 7:03:55 PM