Migrating EKS Applications Between AWS Outposts, AWS Regions, and On-Premises
To migrate an EKS application between AWS Outposts, AWS regions, and on-premises, perform an out-of-place recovery of your EKS application.
When you restore an application, the persistent volumes, secrets, and configuration maps are also restored.
Before You Begin
If a passkey has been configured for restores, obtain the passkey so that you can enter it when prompted during the browse or restore operation.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Virtual machines page appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click the hypervisor that protects your EKS application.
The hypervisor properties page appears. The VM groups area displays summary information for any existing VM groups.
- In the VM groups area, under the Actions column, click the action button in the row for the group, and then click Restore.
The Select restore type page appears.
- Select the EKS application(s) to be restored.
- To restore from a specific copy of backup data, choose the copy from the Select source list in the upper-right corner of the page.
If you select Automatic (default), the restore operation searches for the requested data in the primary copy, and automatically selects a different copy if the data is not found in the primary copy.
- Select Full application to restore a full instance.
The Restore page appears.
- Expand the tree on the left and select the objects to be restored on the right. Select an item or click on an entry in the Name column to browse within an item.
In the top right corner of the page, a "Showing" message indicates what backup data is being displayed. You can click the down arrow beside this message and select any of the following options:
- Show latest backups: Only display data for the most recent backups.
- Show backups as of a specific date: Only display data up to the date you specify.
- Show backups for a date range: Only display data within the data range you specify.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- Select Out of place, and then complete the following steps:
- Destination: Select the hypervisor for the destination cluster from the list.
- Access node (Optional): By default, the preferred access node for the hypervisor is used for the restore.
Note: Select an access node located within the AWS region.
- Application display name: For each application, modify the name to create a different display name for the restored application.
- Availability zone: Select the availability zone that your AWS Outposts is registered to.
- Network: Select your AWS Outposts VPC network to ensure the recovery occurs to your Outposts.
- Auto select security group (Optional): To select a specific security group, clear this option, and then select a security group for the specified network.
- Power on instance after restore (Optional): Start the instance automatically when the restore completes.
- Unconditionally overwrite if it already exists (Optional): Delete an existing instance that has the same name and replace it with the restored instance.
- Click Submit to run the restore job.
Last modified: 8/28/2020 6:28:39 PM