Configuring an Azure Active Directory Client Manually
If security defaults are enabled on the Active Directory, you must manually create the Azure client.
Register Azure Active Directory in the Azure Portal
- In the Azure portal, search for and select App Services, and then select Manage Azure Active Directory.
- From the left navigation pane, go to App registrations.
- Under All Applications, select the app name.
- Register a new single tenant application, and then make note of the Application (client) ID and the Directory (tenant) ID for later.
- From the left navigation pane, click Certificates & secrets, and then copy the client secret value shown in the page.
- From the left navigation pane, go to Properties, and copy the Tenant ID for later.
- Click API permissions, and click on Application Permissions, and then assign the following application permissions to the application:
Azure active Directory Graph
Adding an App for Azure Active Directory
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Active Directory.
The Active Directory servers page appears.
- Optional: If you are a tenant user, from the navigation pane, go to Manage > Companies > Company Name > General > Supported Solutions, and then from the Supported Solutions list, click Active Directory.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Add, and then click Azure Active Directory.
The Add Azure Active Directory page appears.
- In the App name box, enter the name of the Azure AD application.
- From the Plan name list, select a plan.
- From the Access nodes list, select a client that has the Active Directory agent installed.
- From the Index Server list, select a client. All clients computers where you installed the Index Store package are displayed in the index server list.
To create a new Index Server, from the Index Server list, select ##Create New##.
- From the Region list, select the region where your company is located.
- Click Configure Manually.
- In the Application ID box, type the application (client) ID.
- In the Application key value box, type the client secret value that you copied from the Azure portal.
- In the Azure Directory ID box, type the Tenant ID.
Last modified: 5/20/2021 10:51:55 PM