Configuring Metallic Cloud Storage
You can configure the Metallic Cloud storage as a storage target in a CommCell.
Before You Begin
Review the Prerequisites needed to configure Metallic Cloud Storage.
- From the Command Center go to Storage > Cloud in the navigation pane.
The Cloud page appears.
- In the upper right of the page, click Add.
The Cloud storage type page appears.
- Click the Metallic cloud storage tile.
The Add Metallic cloud storage page appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the storage.
- From the MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent that will write the data to the storage.
- From the Location list, select the cloud storage location.
Recommended: Choose a location nearest to the MediaAgent.
Note: If the Metallic cloud storage service user agreement is not accepted while applying license, the Location list will be empty and a message will be displayed at the top-right side of the page. You must accept the service agreement to proceed further. For more information, see License Administration for Metallic Cloud Storage.
- Optional: By default, deduplication is enabled for the storage. If you want to disable deduplication, slide the Use deduplication toggle key to the left. Skip to step 10.
- Click Add to specify the deduplication database location.
The Add Deduplication DB location dialog box is displayed.
- Add the following information:
- From the MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent that will be used to access the deduplication DB location.
- In the Deduplication DB location box, browse and select the path of the deduplication database (DDB).
- Click Save.
- Click Save in the Add Metallic cloud storage page.
The Metallic Cloud Storage will be saved and listed in the Cloud page. From the navigation pane , click Storage > Cloud and then click the <Metallic_cloud_storage>, to view the details associated with the storage.
Note: It may take a few minutes (approximately 15 minutes) to create the container. As a result, the Status will be displayed as Offline, in the Container area. Wait for Status to turn Ready to use the storage.
What to Do Next
Perform a Test Backup to ensure that you are able to successfully backup data to the storage.
Last modified: 9/29/2020 2:21:46 PM