Performing a Test Backup on Metallic Cloud Storage
You can perform a test backup after configuring Metallic Cloud storage.
Before You Begin
- After configuring the storage it may take a few minutes (approximately 15 minutes) to create the container. Wait for the container to be Ready before running the backup. Use the following steps to verify the status of the container:
- From the Command Center go to Storage > Cloud in the navigation pane.
- Click Metallic cloud storage to view the details associated with the storage.
- Make sure that the Status is displayed as Ready, in the Container area.
- Create a server backup plan. See Creating a Server Plan for more information.
- Create a subclient.
- You can perform a backup on the subclient details page or the backup set details page.
- Subclient details: From the navigation pane, click Servers > server > agent > backup_set > subclient. Then, in the Backup area, click Backup now.
- Backup set details: From the navigation pane, click Servers > server > agent > backup_set, in the Actions column for the subclient, click the action button , and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select the Backup level.
- Click OK.
The Backup options dialog box appears.
- Optional: View the job details and note down the Job ID, which can be used to perform a test restore.
For more information about viewing jobs, see Viewing Jobs.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
Perform a Test Restore to ensure that you are able to successfully restore data from the storage.
Last modified: 9/28/2020 1:41:39 PM