License Administration for Metallic Cloud Storage
Metallic Cloud Storage User Agreement
The Metallic cloud storage service license is required to configure Metallic cloud storage.
In addition, you must accept the Metallic cloud storage service user agreement when you add the license. For more information about adding licenses and accepting the user agreement, see Adding a License in the Command Center.
Before configuring Metallic cloud storage, you must accept the Metallic cloud storage service user agreement. For more information about adding licenses and accepting the user agreement, see Adding a License in the Command Center.
Note: If the user agreement was not accepted initially while adding the license, you can reapply the same file again to accept the user agreement.
- The total storage space is based on the total purchased capacity. If you have configured multiple containers in the storage, the sum of all the containers will be equal to the purchased capacity.
- Once you reach the purchased capacity, (or when the capacity reaches 100%) all the backup jobs (write operations) will fail. You can resume the backup jobs by temporarily resetting the capacity for some time, until you purchase additional capacity. For more information about extending the capacity, see Resetting License Capacity.
- Metallic storage license is based on the leased licensing model and hence subject to an expiration date. For more information on the expiration date, see Viewing the Expiration Date of a License in the Command Center.
- The Metallic Cloud Storage Service alert will be sent, 60 days before the expiration date to start the renewal process.
- All write operations will be halted after the expiration date. Data will be available for read operations for an additional 30 days. If the license is not renewed within 30 days, data will be deleted and will no longer be recoverable.
Last modified: 9/29/2020 6:04:08 PM