Web Server Hardware Refresh
Web Server Hardware Refresh is the process of moving the Web Server database (DM2) to new hardware.
When Is It Used?
You can use the hardware refresh process to upgrade the operating system and hardware of the Web Server computer to achieve better performance.
This document provides the required information to perform a hardware refresh in the following scenarios:
- When both the old and new hardware use the same Commvault version.
- When the old hardware has a Web Server database from an older Commvault version, and you want to upgrade to the latest version when moved to the new hardware.
How Is It Done?
The hardware refresh process involves the following steps:
- Preparing the New Hardware
Set up and configure the new computer to be ready for hosting the latest Web Server software.
- Shutting Down the Old Web Server
Back up the Web Server database and save the cache directory before decommissioning the old hardware.
- Setting Up the New Web Server
Install the Web Server software and restore the database using the backup file from the old Web Server computer.
Last modified: 12/5/2019 7:28:39 PM