Web Server Hardware Refresh: Shutting Down the Old Web Server
On the old Web Server computer, prepare the Web Server database to be moved to the new computer.
- Install the latest Commvault Service Pack.
For instructions, see Installing the Service Pack Remotely Using the CommCell Console.
- Back up the Web Server database to an accessible location by using the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio:
- In the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio software, go to server_instance > Databases.
- Right-click the DM2 database, point to Tasks, and then click Back Up.
The Back Up Database - DM2 dialog box appears.
- In the Backup type box, select Full.
- In the Backup Component area, select Database.
- In the Backup set area, accept the default backup set name displayed in the Name box. You can also specify a different name if needed.
- In the Backup set will expire area, specify when the backup set should expire. By default, the backup set is set to never expire.
- In the Destination area, specify the location where the database should be backed up. By default, the database backup is saved to the local disk, in the SQL Server installation directory.
If you want to specify a different location, click Remove and then click Add to specify the new location. Make sure the backup file is saved as DM2.bak.
- Click OK.
- Copy the DM2.bak file to an accessible location.
- Copy the contents of the following directories to an accessible network location:
- Web Server cache: To retrieve the location of the Web Server cache directory, check the value of the szCacheDataFilesPath registry key. To locate the registry key, open the Registry Editor window, and then go to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001\DM2WebSearchServer\szCacheDataFilesPath.
- Index Server directory: Copy this directory if you have existing review sets in Compliance Search. The default location is software_installation_directory\AnalyticsIndex.
- Record the location where the Web Server is installed. By default, the Web Server is installed in C:\Program Files\CommVault\ContentStore.
- Record the following if you plan to use the same network details:
- IP settings (IP address and DNS)
- Name of the computer
- Uninstall the Commvault software.
Uninstalling the Web Server software releases the license, which makes it available for the new Web Server computer.
- Shutdown the Web Server computer.
- Shutdown the computer
- Un-plug the network cables
Note: If you plan to reuse this computer, change the computer name and IP settings to different values before you activate this computer on the network.
Last modified: 3/11/2020 9:41:09 PM