Case Manager for Compliance Officers
Compliance officers can use Case Manager to collect data from specific data sources, such as file system clients and Exchange mailboxes, that are owned by a particular person. Compliance officers can then search this data for relevant electronically stored information (ESI).
If using Exchange Mailbox Agent, see Creating a Case in Case Manager.
If using Exchange Mailbox (Classic) Agent, see Creating a Case in Case Manager.
How Case Manager Works
When there is a request for ESI regarding a particular person, a compliance officer can use Case Manager to collect the relevant data into a set, called a case. When creating a case, the compliance officer can specify:
- The persons of interest in the case, called custodians.
- Which data sources owned by the custodians, called assets, to include in the case.
- Other compliance officers who may view, search, and edit the case, called reviewers.
- Keywords and other filters to increase the relevance of ESI in the case.
- Data from an existing review set to include in the case.
After a case is created, compliance officers and reviewers can search the data collected in the case from Case Manager. Other Compliance Search features, such as advanced search options and refinements, can be used with data collected in a case.
Only data from the following agents can be collected and searched with Case Manager:
- Windows File System Agent
- Exchange Mailbox (Classic) Agent
- Exchange Compliance Archiver Agent
Data must be backed up and content indexed before it will appear in a case.
Last modified: 8/2/2019 5:00:47 AM