Delete a Job From a Copy
You can delete backup jobs from a copy as required.
If a job is deleted, by default the next job is forced to be a full backup, ensuring a consistent cycle that captures all available data. However, if an associated agent supports differential backups, then you can change the next job to be a differential backup by enabling the Convert next backup to differential when incremental/differential jobs are deleted configuration parameter. This reduces media consumption, as full backups contain large amounts of data.
Primary Copy, Synchronous Copy, Selective Copy, Snapshot Copy, Spool Copy, Parallel Copy, Inline Copy and Deferred Copy
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies | Storage Policies | storage_policy.
- Right-click the storage_policy_copy, click View>Jobs.
- In the Job Filter for Storage Policy dialog box, clear the Specify Time Range check box and then click OK.
A list of jobs associated with the copy is displayed in the Job for Storage Policy pane.
- Right-click the job that you want to delete and select Delete Job.
Note: Delete Job option for To Be Copied job ages partially copied data chunks (if any) associated with the job in the copy and disables the job for auxiliary copy operation.
- In the Delete Job dialog box, select Yes (Recommended) to delete the dependent jobs, and then click OK.
The selected job and all dependent jobs are displayed in the Delete Job dialog box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2/21/2020 10:10:58 PM