Manually Discovering DB2 Instances
Manually discover all existing DB2 instances, on all the DB2 versions that are on a client, that you want to back up and restore. This one-time operation creates an instance in the CommCell environment for each instance that you discover.
When you discover DB2 instances, if other DB2 instances already exist on the client, then the newly-discovered instances inherit the storage policy of one of the existing instances. However, if no DB2 instances already exist on the client, then the newly-discovered instances are assigned a storage policy as follows:
- If the default subclient of the file system has a storage policy, then the newly discovered instances inherit that storage policy.
- If the default subclient of the file system has no storage policy, then you must set a storage policy for the newly discovered instances. For more information, see Setting the Storage Policies for Discovered DB2 Instances.
Note: You must have DB2 administrative privileges to discover instances.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > client.
- Right-click DB2, point to All Tasks, and then click Discover Instance.
- Click Yes.
- If there is no default file system storage policy, set the default storage policies.
- Set the user account for the DB2 application at the instance level. For more information, see User Account Requirements for DB2 and DB2 MultiNode Agents and Changing the User Account for DB2 and DB2 MultiNode Agents at the Instance Level.
- Click OK.
- Optional: Change the DB2 Home directory.
Last modified: 3/5/2019 6:39:09 PM