Creating a Subclient for a DB2 Online Subclient
You can perform an online backup, where the database is running (the active state) during the backup.
Full backups include all the datafiles, tablespaces, and log files. Incremental backups include only the changed data and the log files and are faster to run than full backups.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 > Instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks and then click Create Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in the Subclient name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select Online Database option.
- Optional: To exclude the DB2 log files from the backup image on a DB2 version that is 9.7 or later, select the Exclude Logs from Backup Image check box.
- On the Storage Device tab from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that the software uses for data backups.
- On the Advanced Options tab, clear the Backup Log Files check box.
- On the Advanced Options tab, select the backup log options.
Delete Log Files After check box
Delete the logs after the backup.
This deletes the logs from the archive log path. You can optionally delete the logs after a specified time period. For more information, see Setting the Time Used for Deleting Older Archive Logs.
Disable Switch Current Log check box
Disable the log switch.
When the switch is on, the current redo log file is closed (even if it is not filled up completely) and the next redo log file is used for writing using a log switch. The closed redo log file is then archived during the log phase.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.
After you have the backup image, you can use the DB2 backup check command (db2chkbkp) command to verify that you can restore the backup image. For additional information, go to the DB2 Knowledge Center, db2chkbkp.
Last modified: 1/21/2020 7:48:54 PM