Creating a DB2 Subclient for Table Level Restores
You can create a subclient for a restore of one or more database tables. You can restore the tables without affecting other database objects.
Best Practice: To ensure that a point-in-time restore is successful, select the Online Database option (Content tab).
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 > Instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click Create Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in the Subclient name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the mode to backup the database in.
To perform the backup when the database in online, select the Online Database option.
To perform the backup when the database in offline, select the Offline Database option.
- Clear the Online Subset check box.
- Optional: To exclude the DB2 log files from the online backup image on a DB2 version that is 9.7 or later, select the Exclude Logs from Backup Image check box.
- On the Storage Device tab from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that the software uses for data backups.
- On the Advanced Options tab, select the Backup Log Files check box when you choose the Online Database option.
- On the Advanced Options tab, select the options for this subclient.
- Select the Enable Table Browse check box to allow table level restores.
- Optional: When you choose the option to back up the database (the Online Subset option), select the backup log options.
Delete Log Files After check box
Delete the logs after the backup.
This deletes the logs from the archive log path. You can optionally delete the logs after a specified time period. For more information, see Setting the Time Used for Deleting Older Archive Logs.
Disable Switch Current Log check box
Disable the log switch.
When the switch is on, the current redo log file is closed (even if it is not filled up completely) and the next redo log file is used for writing using a log switch. The closed redo log file is then archived during the log phase.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.
After you have the backup image, you can use the DB2 backup check command (db2chkbkp) command to verify that you can restore the backup image. For additional information, go to the DB2 Knowledge Center, db2chkbkp.
What to Do Next
After you configure your subclient for table level restores, the next scheduled backup on the subclient is converted to a full backup.
Last modified: 7/25/2019 8:33:39 PM