Restoring and Recovering an Entire DB2 Database to a New Host
When restoring the databases to a new client, ensure the following:
- The operating system on the destination client must be the same as that in the source client.
- The DB2 application on the destination client should be the same (or later) version as that in the source client.
- As a DB2 user, you should have sufficient rights to restore the database.
For information about how to configure the DB2 user accounts, see DB2 and DB2 MultiNode iDataAgents.
- Install the DB2 Data Agent on the source host and the destination host.
- The destination client should be installed on the same CommServe, and the destination DB2 instance should be configured on the CommCell console.
- Create (discover) an instance of DB2 on the CommCell Console for both the source client and the destination client.
- Run a DB2 database backup on the source client.
Note: The Commvault software automatically creates the target DB2 database when it does not exist.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers> client> DB2 > instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click Browse and Restore.
- On the Browse and Restore dialog box, select Latest Backup and click View Content.
- Select the database and click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options dialog box is displayed.
- On the Restore Arguments tab, in the Backup Images area, choose an option for selecting backup images:
- To let the Commvault software select the latest backup images or the latest point-in-time backup images, based on the choice you made on the Time Range tab on the Browse and Restore dialog box, choose Auto Pick Backup Images.
- To manually select a cycle of backup images, choose Select Backup Images. Select the images from the Available Images box, and then click > to move the selected images to the Selection box.
- On the General tab, select the destination.
- Select the destination client name from the Destination Computer list.
- Select the instance name from the Destination Instance list.
- In the Target Database Name box, type the database name.
- In the Target Database path, type the location of the target database.
Note: If you do not specify a value for the target path, then the software creates a folder called "target_db_path+ instance_name+database_name" and places the tablespaces and online logs in the folder.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 1/7/2020 8:27:15 PM