Configuration - Documentum iDataAgent (DB2)
The Documentum iDataAgent uses two components to facilitate backups:
- An Instance, which defines the Documentum Repository to be backed up. As soon as you install the agent, you need to manually create an instance using the procedure outlined in Create an Instance before you run the first backup operation.
- A Default Subclient, which is automatically created after configuring an Instance and contains all the objects of the instance, such as:
- DB2 database files, history files, and log files
- Storage Areas
- Full-text Indexes (optional)
Before running backups, ensure that the Storage Policy is configured on the subclient and for Full-Text Indexes, if available, Quiesce/Unquiesce scripts are provided. Use the procedure outlined in Configure a Subclient to edit the contents of the default subclient or create a new one. See the Advanced configuration for a list of possible reasons to create subclients.
Configure the DB2 Database Backup
Prior to configuring the Documentum iDataAgent, perform the following:
Single Server Setup
If the DB2 database and Documentum Server are installed on the same computer then you must create the following additional settings on the client computer under the Commvault Documentum agent.
Distributed Server Setup
If the DB2 database is installed on a separate client from that of the Documentum iDataAgent, the DB2 iDataAgent must be installed on that client computer and a DB2 instance must be configured. For more information, refer to Advanced Configuration - DB2 iDataAgent.
Create an Instance
This section describes how to create an instance for the Documentum iDataAgent in order to perform backup and recovery operations.
- From the CommCell Browser, locate the correct client computer node.
Right-click the agent node for which you want the new instance created, click All Tasks, and then click Create New Instance.
- Add the following information in the General tab:
- Enter the name (up to 32 characters) for the instance in Docbase Name.
- Click Change in User Account box and specify the Documentum Install Owner User Name and Password.
- Type the Repository installation path in the DOCUMENTUM Path box or use Browse to locate the path.
- Type the Repository shared path in the DOCUMENTUM_SHARED Path box or use Browse to locate the path.
- Click Discover. The Docbase name and User Name and Password will be validated. If successful, the instance is created and the Docbase Version and Docbase ID are automatically populated.
- Click the Database tab and add the following information:
- From the Client list, select the client computer on which the DB2 database resides.
- Type the DB2 instance name in the Instance box.
- Type the DB2 database name in the Database box.
- Type the installation home path in the Home box or use Browse to locate the path.
- Click Change to specify the DB2 User account used by the system to perform all backup and restore operations for this instance.
Refer to DB2 User Account Privileges to review the permissions required for the user account.
- Click OK.
- Click the Storage Area and FTI tab and add the following information:
- In Storage Area Details, select a file store that was discovered and click Edit. In the Edit Operation dialog box, select the Client name from the list.
- If a Full-text Index component is present, in FTI Details, select the full-text index name that was discovered and click Edit. In the Edit Operation dialog box, select the Client name from the list and type the FTI Path.
Click OK to save the instance.
Configure a Subclient
The following procedure describes the steps involved in configuring a subclient. This procedure may be used to configure the default subclient, as well as to create any additional subclients. Refer to Create User-Defined Subclients for more information.
- From the CommCell Browser:
- Navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Documentum| <Instance>.
- Right-click the default subclient and click Properties.
- From the Full Text Index tab, you can:
- Exclude backing up the FTI for this subclient by deselecting Backup FTI.
- Select a FTI and click Edit to change the client computer or the path in which it resides.
- If applicable, click Add to add a new FTI.
- Change the name or path of the Quiesce or Unquiesce script.
- For the Windows client, click Change and select Impersonate User to enter the login credentials. Click OK. This option is not present for the UNIX clients.
- From the Database tab, you can:
- Exclude backing up the database for this subclient by deselecting Backup DB.
- Change the state in which the database will be backed up (Offline or Online).
- Include or exclude backing up Archive Logs or Deleted Logs.
- Specify Pre or Post Backup Process (if applicable).
- From the Storage Area tab, you can:
- Exclude backing up the Storage Area for this subclient by deselecting Backup SA.
- Select an SA and click Edit to change the client computer in which it resides.
- If applicable, click Add to add a new SA.
- Specify scripts for Pre Backup Process and Post Backup Process.
- From the Storage Device tab, click the Data Storage Policy tab and specify a storage policy for the subclient.
- From the Storage Device tab, click the Streams tab and specify streams for Database, Logs, and Storage Area.
Click OK to save the subclient.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 7:55:08 PM