Creating Informix Instances
In the CommCell Console each instance references an Informix database.
Before You Begin
- Configure the Informix ONCONFIG file.
- Verify that you have the following information:
- The name of the instance.
- The OS User account used for performing all system operations.
- The path to the Informix home directory.
- The name of the ONCONFIG file, which helps to administer the number of streams, among other capabilities.
- The storage Policy used by the default subclient in the instance.
- The path to the SQLHOSTS file.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click Informix, point to All Tasks, and then click New Instance.
The New Instance (INFORMIX SID) dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, type the following information:
- In the INFORMIX SERVER box, type the Instance name.
- In the INFORMIX USER box, type the user who performs the backup and restore operations.
For more information, see User Account and Password Management for the Informix iDataAgent.
- In the INFORMIX DIR box, type the Informix application location.
- In the ONCONFIG File box, type the name of the ONCONFIG file.
The software uses this file to administer the number of streams and other capabilities.
- In the SQLHOSTS File box, type the full path to the SQLHOSTS file.
- From the Storage Policy used for the data of default subclient box, select a storage policy name.
- On the Storage Device tab, do the following.
- From the Storage Policy used for user command backup of data box, select a storage policy.
- From the Storage Policy used for all Archive Log backups box, select a storage policy name.
- Click OK.
- If you run a log backup operation from the CommCell Console, then data storage policy associated with the default subclient is used.
- If you run a command line log backup operation from a third party application, then log storage policy associated with the instance is used.
Last modified: 6/1/2020 1:56:08 PM