Creating Informix Subclients for Log Backups
Transaction logs are required to recover database transactions that have been lost due to an operating system or disk failure. You can apply these transaction logs to an online backup in order to recover a database.
Though online full backups can include both data and logs, we recommend that you create separate subclients to backup transaction log files.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Informix.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks, and then click Create Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in the Subclient name box, type a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, in the Backup Mode area, select the Full and Current Logical Logs option.
- On the Storage Device tab, click the Data Storage Policy tab, and then, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that you want to use.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 7:58:21 PM