Creating Informix Subclients for Log Backups
If you are not using alarmprogram or any script for frequent logical log backup, it is a good practice to create separate subclients to back up logical log files and associate a schedule to back up the logs frequently.
Though online full backups can include both data and logs, you can create separate subclients to back up transaction log files.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Informix.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks, and then click Create Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in the Subclient name box, type a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, in the Backup Mode area, select the Full Logical Logs option or the Full and Current Logical Logs option.
- On the Storage Device tab, click the Data Storage Policy tab, and then from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that you want to use.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 11/24/2020 8:09:55 AM