Full System Recovery: Informix Agent
A full system recovery of an Informix client involves the following phases:
Preparing for a Full System Recovery
Before you begin a disaster recovery, make sure to perform the following:
- Perform frequent Informix backups and the latest file system.
- Make sure that all the Informix backups, ixbar file, and ONCONFIG file are available. If these applications are not running, you must restore them manually after recovering the file system.
- Make sure that the install directories and appropriate application files have been backed up by the File System Agent. Make sure that the File system backup does not include the Informix databases. (This is done by filtering the entire dbspace directory.)
- On Windows, make sure that the system state has been backed up.
As a best practice, it is recommended that you group databases into multiple subclients as follows:
- Add larger databases into separate subclients.
- Add small databases together into one or more subclients. This is important for the following reasons:
- During Disaster recovery, when you have to quickly rebuild the entire instance, you can concurrently restore all the subclients together.
- During Backup failures, the backup will restart from the beginning of the database instead of from the beginning of the entire instance. Similarly, this will ensure that large database backups are not affected by restarts from a smaller database.
- Once the subclients are created, schedule frequent backups for dynamic data and regular backup schedules for static data.
Recovering the Informix Database
To recover the Informix database in the event of a disaster, perform the following tasks:
Last modified: 1/30/2019 3:21:52 PM