Performing IBM i File System Agent 1-Touch Disaster Recovery Backups
Use this procedure to perform a disaster recovery backup of the IBM i File System Agent client.
Best Practice: Use a backup schedule to ensure that the data is automatically protected, or automate the backup process by using a workflow to perform backups of all the subclients that are part of the Disaster Recover backup set. For more information, see Automating Backups of IBM i File System Disaster Recovery Backup Sets.
Before You Begin
- Plan your advanced settings. The options are described for the following advanced settings:
- Advanced Backup or Archive Options (Data)
- Job Priorities and Priority Precedence - Online Help - Startup
- Job Controller - Online Help - Job Retry
- Advanced Backup/Archive Options (Media)
- Advanced Backup Options (Data Path)
- Vault Tracker Feature - Online Help
- Advanced Backup Restore Options (Job Log Output)
- Alerts and Notifications - Online Help
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Proxy Client File System >backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select the backup type and job initiation:
- To resume the system after the Operation System is captured, select the Resume (*STSSBS) option.
- To use the reboot option, select the Reboot (*IPL) option.
- To leave the system in restricted state after the DR backup operation and initial program load (IPL) complete, select the Leave the system in restricted state check box.
- In the Job Initiation section, specify whether to run the backup now or if it will be scheduled.
Note: If you selected Schedule, set up the schedule.
For information on configuring a backup schedule, see Schedule Backups.
- Optional: To set advanced backup options, click Advanced.
For information on the available backup options, see Advanced Backup Options.
- Click OK.
You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller. When the backup has completed, the Job Controller displays Completed.
After your backup completes, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.
After the backup succeeds, the following data is backed up in the format of bootable optical volumes:
- LIC - License internal code.
- OS/400 Objects in QSYS
- User profiles
- Private authorities
- SAVCFG (configuration objects)
- *IBM Libraries (system libraries)
- System libraries with user data: QSYS2, QGPL, QUSRSYS
- Commvault Libraries: CVLIB, CVLIBOBJ
- System files and Commvault files with logs
Last modified: 6/5/2019 11:35:12 AM