Quick Start Guide
You can use this Quick Start Guide to set up a simple CommCell environment and to perform basic data protection and recovery operations, which might be useful as a proof of concept or in a test environment. This guide is not intended to be used to deploy the software in a production environment without careful planning. If you are deploying the software in a production environment, see Installations.
Before You Begin
To gain an understanding of the general concepts and capabilities of the software, review the overview information about the software:
- Software Overview
- Software Capabilities
- CommCell Environment Group Overview
- CommCell Logical Architecture
Quick Start Process
- Installing a CommServe and MediaAgent on a computer. The Windows File System Agent is automatically installed as part of the CommServe installation.
- Accessing the CommCell environment using the CommCell Console.
For more information about the CommCell Console, see CommCell Console - Basic.
- Configuring a storage device for the data you back up.
- Creating a subclient, defining the data to back up, and creating a storage policy to map the backed up data from its original location to the storage device you configure.
- Backing up data from the client computer.
- Restoring data back to the client computer.
Performing these steps will give you a better understanding of the basic data protection operations of the software.
Last modified: 1/11/2018 3:53:54 PM