Quick Start Guide - Install the Software
Using this procedure, the following components will be installed in your environment:
- CommServe server, which communicates with all clients and MediaAgents and coordinates all operations, such as backups, restores, copies, and media management, within a CommCell.
- MediaAgent, which manages the transmission of data between clients and backup media.
- File System Agent, which performs the backup and restore of the clients data.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the computer where you will install the software satisfies the minimum requirements:
- Obtain the installation package that was created using the Download Manager. You need the installation package to launch the installation wizard on the server computer.
To create the package, see Downloading Software for Windows Computers Using the Download Manager
- Log on to the computer as an Administrator or as a member of the Administrator group on that computer..
- Run Setup.exe from the installation package.
The installation wizard opens.
- On the welcome page, select the I Agree check box and proceed to the next page.
- On the Choose the Installation Type page, click Select packages to install on this computer and proceed to the next page.
- On the Select Packages page, select the CommServe and MediaAgent check boxes, and proceed to the next page.
Note: The Windows File System Agent is automatically installed with the CommServe.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard and accept all of the default options.
Note: If firewall is enabled for some Windows profiles, the Firewall Configuration page appears. Select the option to disable firewall for all profiles.
What To Do Next
- During the installation, the CommCell administrator account is automatically created and assigned the account credentials:
- User name: admin
- Password: <blank>
You must set a password for the CommCell administrator account. For instructions, see Changing the CommCell Administrator Password.
- Now that you have installed the software, access the CommCell using the CommCell Console. See Quick Start Guide - Open the CommCell Console.
Last modified: 2/1/2018 3:35:30 PM