Enabling Block-Level Backup for Exchange Databases
Applies to: Exchange 2010 or later
You must enable block-level backup at the subclient level before you can recover messages.
Before You Begin
Make sure that you have a sufficient amount of space for the index. For every 100 GB of data, you should have 30 MB of available space for the index.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Exchange Database.
- Right-click subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Advanced Options tab.
- In the Block-Level Backup Options area, select the Optimize for message level recovery check box.
A message appears that tells you that the next backup will be converted to a full backup.
- Click OK to clear the message.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
After you perform a block-level backup, you can recover messages without restoring the entire database.
Last modified: 5/21/2018 7:25:06 PM