Configuring Restores from Incremental Block-Level Backups for Exchange Databases
When you recover a block-level backup, by default, you can browse full and incremental jobs, but you can only recover the messages from the last full job. For more information, see Browse starting from last FULL job.
To recover messages from incremental jobs, add the bIncrementalMining additional setting.
- Recovering messages from incremental jobs might cause the recovery operation to take an extended amount of time to complete for the following reasons:
- There is a large number of transaction logs to be processed.
- Your MediaAgent hardware I/O performance needs to be improved.
- We recommend that you restore the database out of place, and then recover the messages from the offline Exchange database.
- On the MediaAgent computer, add the bIncrementalMining additional setting as shown in the following table.
For instructions about adding the additional setting from the CommCell Browser, see Adding or Modifying Additional Settings from the CommCell Console.
Last modified: 2/25/2020 7:07:56 AM