Installing the Metrics Reporting Server
Install the Metrics Reporting Server by using the installation package that was created from the Download Manager application.
Before You Begin
Prepare your environment by reviewing the following tasks:
- Verify that the installation package that was created from the Download Manager includes the Metrics Reporting Server software. If missing, create a new installation package and include the software. For more information, see Downloading Software for Windows Computers Using the Download Manager.
- Review Commvault requirements and gather the information that you must provide during the installation. For more information, see Preinstallation Checklist for Metrics Reporting Server.
- If you plan to install the Metrics Reporting database on an existing Microsoft SQL Server instance, see Configuring an Existing SQL Instance for Server Packages.
- Log on to the computer as an Administrator or as a member of the Administrator group on that computer.
- Run Setup.exe from the installation package.
The installation wizard opens.
- On the welcome page, select the I Agree check box and then proceed to the next page.
- On the Choose the Installation Type page, click Install packages on this computer and then proceed to the next page.
- On the Select Packages page, select the Metrics Server check box and then proceed to the next page.
- Optional: if you are installing the Metrics Reporting package on a separate computer from the CommServe computer, you must enter the name and location of the CommServe computer.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
- The installation of the Metrics Reporting Server is not supported using an authorization code. You must use a username and password when installing the Metrics Reporting Server.
- To help you troubleshoot errors that occur before the Installation Summary page appears, check the %allusersprofile%\Commvault Systems\Galaxy\LogFiles\Install.log file. If errors occur after the Installation Summary page appears, check the installation logs in the Software_Installation_Directory\Log Files directory.
What to Do Next
- If you installed the Metrics Reporting package to run Metrics reports, then get access to reports and configure data collection. For more information, refer to the high-level process steps described in Getting Started with Metrics Reports.
- If you installed the Metrics Reporting package to monitor client computer group backup quotas across multiple CommCell environments, indicate which client computer groups you want to monitor. For more information, see Activating the Metrics Reporting Server for Client Computer Group Backup Quota.
- Plan for a disaster recovery situation.
Last modified: 4/29/2020 8:40:24 PM