Creating a User-Defined Farm Backup Set
The default farm backup set is designed to protect all of the data on the client.
You can create a user-defined backup set that may contain any farm component that exists within the SharePoint server. You can use a farm backup set to group SharePoint farm components into separate entities with their own unique backup schedules. For example, creating a user-defined backup set is useful if you need to back up some web applications more frequently than the others.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click SharePoint Server, point to All Tasks, and click Create New Backup Set.
The Create New Backup Set dialog box appears.
- Enter the following information about the backup set:
- In the New Backup Set Name box, type the new backup set name.
- In the Choose Backup Set Type section, select Farm Level.
- In the Storage Policy box, enter a storage policy name that you want to use.
- Click OK.
A new backup set is created with the specified name. A default subclient is created for the new backup set.
Last modified: 4/15/2020 10:53:44 AM