Creating a Pseudo Client
In case of a database failure, you can perform a disaster recovery operation to recover servers, content databases, configuration and Central Administration databases, and SharePoint Farm.
Apart from these components, you can also recover the Web Front End data like SharePoint hive, IIS settings and SharePoint registry entries. Using a pseudo client, you can perform a disaster recovery operation to recover one or more components of the Web Front End data.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then click New Client.
The Add New Client dialog box appears.
- Under Application section, click SharePoint Farm.
The Create SharePoint Farm Client dialog box appears.
- On the General tab,
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the pseudo client.
- Select a version from the SharePoint Version list.
- On the Associate Member Servers tab,
- Select a primary member server of the farm setup from the Primary Member Server list.
- Select secondary member servers from the Exclude list and add them to the Include list.
- Click OK.
- To see the newly-created pseudo client, from the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
What to Do Next
After upgrading to SP6, the Commvault services run with the local system account on the SharePoint computer. For backups to run on the SharePoint computer, reset your password and validate the account.
For steps to reset your password and validate the account, see Post-Install Considerations for the SharePoint Server Agent.
Last modified: 4/16/2020 10:14:57 AM