Creating a User-Defined Document Subclient
Subclients contain information about what data is backed up. You can create a user-defined subclient to manage and back up specific data files.
You can create subclients for the document backup set to assign different backup schedules to certain files and folders. You can also use a Documents subclient to restore individual documents or folders from the SharePoint server without restoring the entire database. This is useful if you need to quickly restore a single file or folder.
Multi-streaming uses multiple data streams per subclient for backup jobs. Multi-Streaming enables the subclient's contents to be distributed to all streams, transmitting them in parallel to the storage media. Hence, a subclient whose data is secure using three data streams uses more of the available network resource.
Note: When you create a user-defined subclient, the contents of the user-defined subclient will be excluded from the default subclient.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > SharePoint Server.
- Right-click Documents, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Subclient Name box, type a name.
- To select the databases or other entities (like, a web application) that you want to back up, on the Content tab, click Browse, and then click Add.
Repeat this step to include all the entities that you want to backup.
- On the Storage Device tab, in the Storage Policy list, click a storage policy to associate with the subclient.
Tip: To create a new storage policy, click Create Storage Policy, and then follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard.
- Click OK.
A subclient with the content that you want to back up is created under the document backup set that you selected.
Last modified: 7/15/2019 8:23:54 AM