Setting the Frequency for Automatic Discovery of SQL Instances
If you enabled the automatic discovery of SQL instances (Auto Discover Instances option), instances are discovered every 24 hours by default. You can change the frequency at which the Commvault software detects new instances by setting the frequency for additional setting nAutoDiscoverSQLInstanceTimeout.
Before You Begin
You must have enabled automatic discovery of SQL instances.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the client, and then click Properties.
- In the Client Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Client Properties dialog box, on the Additional Settings tab, click Add.
- In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, set the frequency for discovery:
- In the Name box, type nAutoDiscoverSQLInstanceTimeout.
- In the Category list, select Cvd.
- In the Type list, select INTEGER.
- In the Value box, type the number of minutes for the interval between detecting instances.
For example, to discover instances every two hours, type 120.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Client Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Client Properties dialog box.
Instances will be automatically discovered according to the time interval you specified.
What to Do Next
Restart the Commvault services.
Last modified: 3/19/2018 6:36:00 PM