SQL Database Application Migration to the Cloud
Applies to: SQL Server on Windows
You can use the Commvault SQL database application migration feature to move your database to the cloud.
When to Migrate a SQL Database
Use the database application migration feature in the following scenarios:
- When you move or retire your data center
- When you want to create a test or a demonstration system for the production system
- When you want to store your database in the cloud
The Commvault software automates the following processes:
- Capturing the application server physical configuration
- Protecting the application data
- Provisioning the cloud instance and storage
- Restoring the data
- Validating the restore
The following components are required for SQL database application migration:
- An Amazon EC2 account that has an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) and an EC2 instance. These are the destinations for the application and data.
- The SQL agent, which is the access point for your SQL database that is the migration source.
- The VSA agent for Amazon, which is the access point for the Amazon EC2 instance.
Last modified: 3/30/2021 3:42:10 PM