Running Backup Operations from SQL Management Studio
Use the Commvault Plug-in to back up the SQL databases on the SQL Management Studio. If the SQL database that is selected for back up is not assigned to any subclient, the database is automatically assigned to the default subclient during the backup operation.
The following backup restrictions apply:
- If the subclient associated with the selected database is not enabled for backup, you cannot back up the selected database.
- If the subclient associated with the selected database is enabled for IntelliSnap backup, you cannot perform a differential backup.
- If the recovery model of the database that you want to back up is set to simple, you cannot perform a transaction log backup.
- We do not support enabling the Commvault Plug-in to run VMware application aware backups on a SQL server.
Before You Begin
Verify that the SQL database that you want to back up is online.
- Open SQL Management Studio.
- In Object Explorer, right-click the database that you want to back up, and then click Data Protection Tasks > Backup.
- If you are performing the backup operation for the first time after opening the SQL Management Studio, you are prompted for credentials.
Enter your user name and password to log on to the CommServe.
- In the Data Protection dialog box, choose the backup type.
- Optional: Further customize the backup operation. Click the Advanced tab to set up the backup operation.
For more information about the Advanced Options, see Advanced Backup Options.
- Click Run.
While the backup job is running, you can monitor the backup job progress.
Last modified: 6/6/2018 6:32:04 PM