Restoring the Backed Up Databases from SQL Management Studio
You can use the Commvault Plug-in for SQL Management Studio to browse and restore one or more SQL databases for a selected instance.
- Open SQL Management Studio.
- In Object Explorer, right-click a database, and then click Data Protection Tasks > Restore > Browse Backup Data.
If you are performing the restore operation for the first time after opening the SQL Management Studio, you are prompted for credentials.
- Enter your user name and password to log on to the CommServe.
- In the Browse Data dialog box, select one or more databases that you want to restore and click Recover Selected.
- In the Restore Screen dialog box, choose how you want to restore the data.
For more information about general restore options, see SQL Restore Options (General).
- Optional: Further customize the restore operation. Click the Advanced tab to set up the restore operation.
For more information about the Advanced Options, see Advanced Restore Options.
- Click Restore.
While the restore job is running, you can monitor the restore job progress.
Last modified: 6/6/2018 6:35:50 PM