Adding a UNC Path as Subclient Content for the Windows File System Agent
You can add UNC paths as content for a subclient. To back up Nutanix Acropolis File Services (AFS), specify the Nutanix AFS server as a UNC path in your subclient content.
Note: We recommend that you use a pseudo-client to back up data in UNC paths. For more information on how to create a pseudo client, see Creating a Network Share Client for CIFS Shares.
Before You Begin
The UNC path must be in the same domain as the client computer. The UNC path must start with \\Computer Name\Share\.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > File System.
- Right-click the appropriate backup set, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
- In the Subclient Properties dialog box, specify the basic settings for the subclient:
- In the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, click Add Paths and enter the UNC path of the files and directories that you want to back up.
Note: You can use wildcards to define the subclient content. For more information, see Wildcards for the Windows File System Agent.
- Click As User.
The Impersonate User dialog box appears.
- In the Enter credential area, enter the user name and password required to access the UNC path, and then click OK.
- Optional: Click the Use saved credential option and select the credentials added using the Credential Manager in the Control Panel, and click OK.
For instructions on adding a new user, see Adding a Credential to Credential Manager.
- On the Storage Device tab, in the Storage Policy list, click a storage policy name to associate with the subclient.
Tip: To create a new storage policy, click Create Storage Policy and follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard.
- Click OK.
The UNC path is added as the subclient content. The files and folders in the UNC path are backed up when you run a backup for the subclient.
What to Do Next
Perform a backup of the subclient. For instructions, see Performing Backups for the Windows File System Subclients.
Last modified: 5/12/2020 7:23:52 PM