Configuring Subclient Data Retention for the Windows File System Agent
You can specify the time period for which you want to retain the deleted files in the backup cycle. The deleted file is available for browse and restore from the latest backup cycle.
About This Task
Consider the following guidelines or limitations:
- Files that are moved from one subclient to another are also considered as deleted files, and the subclient retention settings apply to those files as well.
- By default, deleted files are retained until the retention criteria for the associated storage policy is applied against the deleted files.
- Files retained by the subclient retention policy are carried forward in backup storage by synthetic full jobs. When you run the synthetic full backup at the end of specified retention period, the deleted files are no longer carried forward for retention.
- If a full backup is run during the retention period, the deleted files may get removed earlier from the backup cycle.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > File System > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient for which you want to modify retention options, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Retention tab, specify the retention criteria, select the Extend storage policy retention check box. For more information about the retention options see Retention Options for Deleted Files
Note: If you are upgrading from the previous version to the current version, see Transitioning from a Previous Version to the Current Version.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/25/2020 7:36:09 PM