Using Multiple Streams to Restore Data with the Windows File System Agent
By default, restore operation uses a single stream. For faster restore operations, you can configure the restore operation to use multiple streams, and you can define alternate data paths. For more information, see GridStor® (Alternate Data Paths) - Overview.
- You cannot use multiple streams for restore operations on clients with only File System Core package installed (Laptop Backup clients).
- You cannot use multiple streams for restoring systems state backups.
Before You Begin
- Verify that you have v11 Service Pack 6 or later installed on the source client computers and on the destination client computers.
- Verify that the client computer whose data you want to restore was backed up using Indexing Version 2. For more information about Indexing Version 2, see Indexing Version 2: Overview.
- For more information about general restore options, see Restore/Recover Options (General).
- For more information about the Advanced Options, see Advanced Restore Options.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > File System > backup set.
- In the right pane, right-click a subclient, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Click View Content.
- Select the data that you want to restore, and then click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, complete the following steps:
- From the Destination Client list, select the destination client computer.
- In the Number of Streams box, enter the recommended number of data streams that you want to use for the restore operation.
- The actual number of streams used depends on the restore data set and the number of streams used to back up data.
- When you perform a restore by jobs operation, the Number of Streams option is not available because restore by job operations use multiple streams by default.
- On the Job Initiation tab, choose how you want to initiate the restore jobs.
For more information about job initiation options, see Restore Options (Job Initiation).
- Click OK.
The restore operation restores the selected data to the destination client computer.
Last modified: 6/14/2019 8:39:22 PM