MySQL Block-Level Backup
Block-level backup analyzes the source volume and backs up the extents (groups of contiguous blocks) for supported databases.
For more information on block-level backup and its benefits, see Block-Level Backups.
- Block-level backups are supported only on Linux platforms. For more information, see System Requirements - MySQL Agent.
- Block-level backups are not supported if the data directory is present in the root folder (/).
- Network File System (NFS) is not supported for MySQL block-level backups.
- Application-aware backups for virtual machines are not supported for MySQL block-level backups.
- Some agents and components require additional disk space, see Agents and Components Requiring Additional Disk Space.
Last modified: 9/22/2020 8:19:33 PM