Perform a Block-Level Backup for MySQL Databases
You can perform any one of the block-level backup operations for MySQL databases:
After the backup operations are run, the backup copy operation will move data from snap to media.
- Do not manually delete backup jobs from the storage policy copy.
- When you select a native engine for snapshots, run an inline backup copy operation. You cannot select a proxy for backup copy.
- For Logical Volume Managers (LVM) or physical volume partitions, an inline backup copy runs automatically on a subclient after the block-level backup operation is complete. For hardware arrays, you can run an inline backup copy or an offline backup copy on a subclient.
- Snapshots in the client might be corrupt after reboot, so system resources are used, if needed.
- A restore operation restores data from the media. Backup copy can be scheduled to run later only for hardware engine type.
- Monitor your snapshot volume regularly to ensure that it is not 100% full. When you run a native engine snap backup job, the snapshot that is created might be corrupted if your snap volume is full.
Last modified: 2/11/2019 11:30:51 AM