Modifying User Accounts for a File Server
The NDMP Agent requires a user account to access the file server to perform backup and restore operations. If the file server access information was modified, follow the steps given below to change the user account settings.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > client.
- Right-click NDMP and click Properties.
The NDMP Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, click NDMP Properties.
The NDMP Server Properties dialog box appears.
- Select the Change Password check box.
- In the NDMP Login box, type the user name.
- For NetApp, type root or any non-root user with the appropriate privileges. For more information on using a non-root user, see Can I use a non-root user to configure an array or NDMP?
- For EMC Celerra, type ndmp.
- For all other file servers, use any value.
- In the NDMP Password box, type the password.
- If your CommServe host is unable to connect to the file server, click the Detect MediaAgent list and select a MediaAgent to use to connect to the file server. If left blank, the CommServe host will communicate with the file server directly.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the NAS Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 11/4/2019 5:27:49 PM