Restoring to a Windows or UNIX Client
You can restore NDMP data to a Windows or UNIX client computer from the following file servers:
- Hitachi NAS (BlueArc)
- Dell EMC PowerStore, Dell EMC Unity, Dell EMC VNX / Celerra, and Dell EMC VNXe
- Dell EMC Isilon/PowerScale
In order to restore data to a Windows or UNIX client, ensure that the appropriate File System agent is installed on the computer where you want the data to be restored.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > client > NDMP.
- Right-click the backup set, point to All Tasks, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore dialog box appears.
- On the Time Range tab, select Latest Backup, and then click View Content.
- Optional: Use non-default browse and restore options.
See Browse and Restore.
- From the Browse window, select the data to restore in the right pane, and then click Recover All Selected.
Note: If the path of the files to be restored has a length greater than 1024 characters, you must select a directory at a higher directory level in the file system hierarchy.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select the following options:
- From the Destination client list, select a UNIX client or a Windows client.
- In the Destination path box, type the full path to the restore destination directory.
Last modified: 11/23/2020 8:44:38 PM