Choosing to Overwrite or Not to Overwrite Restored Data
Applies To: Dell, Hitachi NAS (BlueArc), and Dell EMC VNX / Celerra/VNXE/Unity (All other vendors only support overwriting restores.)
You can choose to overwrite data or not to overwrite data regardless of the destination version.
- From the CommCell Console, go to Client Computers> client > NDMP.
- Right-click the backup set, and then click All Tasks > Browse and Restore.
- In the Browse Options dialog box, click View Content.
- Select the data that you want to restore, and then click Recover All Selected.
- In the Restore Options for All Selected Items dialog box, click Advanced.
- On the NAS Options tab, choose one of the following:
- To overwrite the data, select the Overwrite check box.
- To not overwrite the data, clear the Overwrite check box.
Note: For Dell EMC VNX / Celerra/VNXE/Unity, if a file or directory that you selected to restore already exists at the restore destination and you do not overwrite the data, none of the files you selected are restored. For example, if 100 files are selected to be restored, but one of the files exists on the restore destination, none of the 100 files are restored, and the restore job completes successfully.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/19/2020 4:34:35 PM