Running the Remote Installation Script from the Command Line
You can run remote installations from the command line by using the .xml file that was created when you saved the installation in a script. The .xml file contains the selections you made during the installation.
Saving the remote installation in a script is useful in the following scenarios:
- You want to run the installation at a later time.
- You want to save your installation selections if you must reinstall the software due to a hardware failure.
- You might have a batch script with a set of administrative tasks, and you want to define the installation task in the batch script (by calling the .xml).
Before You Begin
You must have saved the installation as a script. For instructions, see Installing Commvault Remotely Using the CommCell Console.
- Log on to the computer where you saved the script.
- At the command line, go to the Installation_Directory_Path/Base directory.
- To log onto the CommServe database, run the following command:
qlogin -cs commserve_host_name -u user_name
- To run the script (.xml file), enter the following command:
qoperation execute -af Path_to_XML_File
- To log off of the CommServe database, enter the following command:
Last modified: 8/14/2019 5:51:13 PM