Configuring Oracle Selective Online Full Backups
You perform a selective online full backup when the database is online. A selective online full subclient includes the data, logs and control file. The advantage of a selective online full backup is that the data and logs use the same storage policy, which means that they reside on the same media and are self-contained for long-term archiving. You can use this in a disaster recovery, because you do not need to locate different media from multiple jobs to recover the database.
By default, selective online full backups are enabled on the Default subclient for newly created or discovered instances.
For more information on selective online full backups, see Selective Online Full Backups.
Best Practice for Configuring Selective Online Full Backups If the Disk Caching for Frequent Log Backups Feature Is Enabled
If the Disk Caching for Frequent Log Backups feature is enabled for Oracle and you are configuring selective online full backups, use the same storage policy for the log backups defined at the instance level and for the selective online full backups defined at the subclient level. If you configure different storage policies for log backups and data backups and the Disk Caching for Frequent Log Backups feature is turned on, the log backup uses the storage policy configured for the instance and the data backup uses the storage policy configured for the subclient.
For more information about Disk Caching for Frequent Log Backups, see Disk Caching for Frequent Log Backups.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, enter the subclient name.
- On the Content tab, select the Selective Online Full Backup check box.
- On the Storage Device tab, in the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name with the selective copy.
- Click OK to close the Creating New Subclient dialog box.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 6/12/2020 7:24:26 PM